Monitoring and Evaluation Consultancy Services for Emergency Multi-Section Rohingya Crisis Response Project (EMCRP), Package No. EMCRP/M&E/S2
Project Name: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultancy Services for Emergency Multi-Section Rohingya Crisis Response Project (EMCRP), Package No. EMCRP/M&E/S2
Duration: December, 2019 – November, 2021 (Ongoing)
Client: Local Government Engineering Department (LGED)
Funded by: The World Bank
Description of Project:
The mass fleeing of hundreds of thousands of Forcibly Displaced Myanmar Nationals (FDMNs) risking their lives by sea or on foot, in order to avoid the death or persecution in the northern Rakhaine province of Myanmar (Burma) for neighboring Bangladesh since August 2017 has caused the advent of the World’s fastest refugee crisis. About 10.00 lac FDMNs have crossed the border from Myanmar to several camps across Cox’s Bazar District in Teknaf and Ukhia Upazilas, placing an immense strain on the existing infrastructure and on an already resource-constrained social service delivery system and the environment. The large influx of FDMNs population outnumbers the host community by about 2:1 in the affected upazilas, posing significant risks of exposure to natural disasters, road communication, crowding and congestion in hat-bazar, social service delivery system etc.
In the above backdrop, Emergency Multi-Sector Rohingya Crisis Response Project (EMCRP) aided by World Bank with the objective to provide greater protection for the FDMNs in times of natural disaster and improve social service delivery system by way improving communication network, social resilience and other facilities to the FDMNs has been undertaken.
Description of actual services provided by DPDS in the assignment:
DPDS is providing services to assist following activities:
- Create a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework for the EMCRP (LGED & DPHE Part);
- Develop baselines for the key project indicators for tracking project inputs, outputs, outcomes and operational risks;
- Track key indicators (input, output, outcome and operational risks) during project implementation;
- Carryout process monitoring of the Project;
- Recommend appropriate corrective actions and recommendations;
- Supervise the implementation and compliance of the Environmental and Social Management Frame-work (ESMF) and Resettlement Policy Frame-work;
- Prepare and submit consolidated quarterly and annual progress reports to the CE, LGED;
- Prepare Mid-Term Review Report (MTRR);
- Prepare Implementation Completion Report (ICR).