Support Services to ACCC-PEDP II Technical Support Team-4 of Equity and Access of Primary Education.
Project Name: Support Services to ACCC-PEDP II Technical Support Team-4 of Equity and Access of Primary Education.
Duration: November, 2007 – June, 2009
Client: Directorate of Primary Education / MOPME
Funded by: Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC), Canada
Description of Project: ACCC is responsible in providing overall management of the project. The Project will enhance and institutionalize the capacity of Directorate of Primary Education (DPE) at the center and in the districts to meet the needs of children with special requirements; and reduce demand side and supply side constraints.
The project is mainly focused to provide access to primary education in the remote areas. In this project, ACCC establishes a fund to provide ‘innovation grants’ to enhance the quality of education for working children and others who are in suffering from severe levels of poverty, disabilities, children belonging to minority communities and many others.
Description of actual services provided by DPDS in the assignment:
Following tasks performed by DPDS:
- Development and implementation of a gender action plan to support increased participation of girls in primary education.
- Development of a strategy for inclusive education.
- Support or provide training to teachers and head teachers of children with special needs.
- Organization of Annual National Special Needs Workshop for teachers working with special needs children will be designed and delivered.
- Analyze and summarize the findings
- Submission of the deliverables.